In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

Sound wise, this double album sounds pretty good. It sounds well produced, but none of the songs on this two disc set really seemed to stand out to me. I'm not saying at all that this album is bad, but it's not all that great either. There don't seem to be any new ideas or musical innovations presented. There are some catchy riffs though. Even though there isn't very much "lead" guitar on this album, the rhythm guitars are really good for rhythm. It's not just powerchords; these guys use more variety.

Dave Grohl is a good singer in my opinion; he doesn't really sound like anyone else in particular. As far as his lyrics go (that is, if he writes all of the lyrics, because I have no idea), they deal with pretty much average stuff, mostly through understandable normal language. The lyrics, overall, are okay.

Overall, this album wasn't quite what I was expecting. I read somwhere that this was supposed to be the best Foo Fighters album to date, but it wasn't quite that good. I expected this to be some sort of epic double album, but I was incorrect. That's not to say that this isn't a solid effort from an all around good band. Fans of the Foos will like this album; others might like it.