In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

When you hear the word "Foo", what do you think of? Tofu? Bad food? Well I think of an amazing band that has dared to challenge the legends of rock. I'm talking about the Foo Fighters. With there newiest album, "In Your Honor," tearing up the charts already has been a cool breeze for the band. On there official website Dave Grohl (lead singer/guitar), is quoted by saying,"We want this album to be the best. 20 yrs. from now, when the next generation asks there parents which Foo Fighters album they should get, we want you the listeners to say In Your Honor. A lost of diffrent tactics were taken to create this record. They managed to get John Paul Jones (former bassist for Led Zepplien), to play a couple of instruments on diffrent tracks. Such intruments as: the piano, mandolin, and rumor has it a maraca. Norah Jones has helped with vocals on the song; Virgina Moon. Also the Foo's drummer has switched spots with Grohl on the song; Cold Day In The Sun. Genius.

The lyrics where somewhat disappointing on a few of the acoustic songs. One song inparticular was quite annoying to listen to; On The Mend. If your a hard core Foo fan, I must urge you to skip over this track. The singers skills are blissfully amazing. Much better than the the Probot Band that Dave Grohl put together with a Lenny as the lead singer.

This album is a must for and Foo fan. No doubt about it. I have purchased to copies of this amazing album. One for listening to, and one for a collector's item. The most impressive tacks that has been entertaining are the following: No Way Back, Best of You, DOA, Another Round, and End Over End. If this album was lost or stolen I would first cry and then hunt down the theif.