In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

Disc 1: the sound isnt amazing. But it is better than a lot of other bands out there right now. It's just your average standard distorted guitars. But what I love is Dave Grohl's voice. Dave doesn't sing, he screams in tune. He got that from Robin Zander of Cheap Trick. But still its different from a lot of other things out there. Disc 2: the sound gets so repetitive. All of the acoustics sound exactly the same. By Friend Of A Friend, I just played it in the background while I played Halo on my XBox. What they should've done rather than a double album, was take about 2 or 3 songs from Disc 2, and put them in to Disc 1. Then save all the other songs from Disc 2 for another album Somewhere Down The Road because it just sounds the same after a while.

Disc 1: the lyrics really arent that hard to comprehend. All they had to do was say f--k fifty times and talk about sex and they would've been Blink 182. But anyway, The lyrics fit the music and it's not really so much the lyrics its the way they are sang that saves them. Dave Grohl's screaming just adds depth to it somehow. Disc 2: not even worth my time.

Disc 1: It would've been fine if they just released disc one by itself. This is the best album that Foo Fighters has released. The double album thing just makes things way too repetitive and it gets stale after awhile. However I will listen to Disc 1 for a long time because it is really good. Disc 2: once again its not even worth my time.