In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

First off, I'd like to say that the double-disc "In Your Honor," (one rock album, one acoustic album consisting of 10 songs each), should be considered least likely to succeed in these next few years. The sound was of the best recording quality I have heard. However, it wasn't creative enough to award it a good in creativity of riffs and beats. I also disagree that "Best Of You" and "The Last Song" were the best songs on the rock album. Personally, my favorites were "The Deepest Blues Are Black" and "End Over End." My favorites on the acoustic album were "What If I Do?" and "Miracle." These songs were the most true to what the Foo Fighters and Dave are capable of, which are catchy riffs mixed with the ever-classic run through a soft beginning then get louder where necessary. Sadly, this album doesn't compare to "The Colour And The Shape."

The lyrics were the most repetitive I have ever heard Grohl write. It's horribly obvious he's past his prime but he still gets props for creating excellent lyrics. Repetitiveness is their downfall. Dave Grohl sounds better than ever on this CD than in previous sessions. I'll just leave it at that. Overall, the lyrics are easily the best ever although the songs just repeat the same good stuff to make it sour.

It can barely be compared to "The Colour And The Shape" but is still worth my bargain shopping. Considering I got the CD the first day it came out. But now I am disappointed because the local Newbury Comics just closed so Wal-Mart looks even worse (it'll never look better, trust me). I might not be buying any CDs soon. Other than my misfortunes, my favorite CD from this year is Weezer's "Make Believe." This CD is quite superior to "In Your Honor." I love that it's a new Foo Fighters CD, I also hate that it's a Foo Fighters CD. Love it 'cause its something nice to listen to, but hate it because it's not the best Grohl could have thought up. If it were stolen, I'd just dowload the tracks instead of buying a new one. It wasn't quite worth it.