In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

A couple months back, I heard "Best Of You" on the radio. I liked it, not too much, but enough for me to check out some more songs. After checking them out, I rushed to the store to get myself a copy. Disc 1: Electric (Rock). The sound differs in a lot of the songs, which is a good thing. You don't get much of music's worse enemy, repetitiveness. "In Your Honor" and "Free Me" are really screamy, loud tracks, which doesn't appeal to me but a lot of other people seem to enjoy. Other songs, like "DOA," "End over End," "Hell" and "No Way Back" Have some very catchy tunes to them, and "DOA" is nice and fast paced. "Resolve," "The Last Song" and "The Deepest Blues Are Black" are heavy songs, not necessarily slow, but just heavy in emotion and tune. Disc 2: Acoustic. Again, the tracks on this CD differ alot, giving you lots of sound choices, for whatever kind of music you want to hear. It's slower than disk one, but understandably, it is an acoustic CD anyways. Nice additions with John Paul Jones playing certain inastruments, Norah Jones helping sing in "Virginia Moon," and especially Taylor Hawkins switching to vocals in "Cold Day In The Sun." Almost all the songs on this disk are great, unexpectedly, my parents liked it too.

Though the lyrics are sometimes on the same general topic, they fluidly move through the songs, and doesn't seem to repititive. Dave Grohl did an excellent job singing, I see now how well his voice can carry a tune, and how well he can shout around with the rock tracks. Lyricswise, it was great, but not enough for a 5.

My favourite tracks: Disk 1 - DOA, No Way Back, End Over End; Disk 2 - Cold Day In The Sun, Over And Out, Another Round. The band sounds alot different than Nirvana, in a definitly good way too! If this were stolen or lost, I wound definitly buy again, along with the Color And The Shape (the next disk on my list).