In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

Ok, I am sure that even if you have not heard the album, you will have heard of how it is split. The first CD is suppoesed to be some of the dirtiest, hardest songs by the foos, while the second totally contrasts being mainly an acoustic album by Foos standards. The sound produced on the first cd is signature Foos. I would best describe it as crunchy and fuzzed up! The second CD is really crisp, clean with some beautiful harmonies, a real break away from the standard foo fighters sound.

The lyrics are well written for the most part, the only real complaint is on 'Friend Of A Friend', the lyrics reapeat, and to be honest, I get quite bored listening to it. This is from the acoustic CD. But mostly, the songs are sweet as you could want, my particualr favourites being miracle and cold day in the sun, both from the acoustic disc! Dave Grohl really proves how dynamic a singer he is. From really raunchy, and hard voiced, to some really smooth sounds in the acoustic disc!

I have to say that I was disappointed listening to the first disc. I feel that there are some good songs on the CD, but it does not compare to one by one or the colour and the shape. However, listening to the acoustic disc, it is absolutely amazing. The style is fresh, the melodies sweet and it just somehow works. In my opinion, Grohl was just dieing to make an acoustic album, but could not bear to release it without the classic foos style as seen on the first disc. And in all honestly, it would have been smarter to focus on just an acoustic album, but well done for this one!