In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

As for the sound of the album, it's great! I really don't know why more bands don't make albums where half of the album is soft and half is loud. If a person just wants to rock, the hard side is great! Perfect distortion & Taylor on the drums supplies an incredible force. Maybe you're feeling mellow one day, then the acoustic side is absolutely perfect! The sound on this side is just very calming, very soft, and quite unique for any rock band. Just listening to Razor, Grohl and Josh Homme, just dueling guitars over a very soft beautiful melody, its bloody brilliant!

Lyrically Grohl is on a tare! You only have to listen to best of you to figure that out! But the rest of the songs prove to be worth your buck. I nearly flipped listening to In Your Honour for the 1st time. Doa is another wonderful track where Grohl aligns a good melody with perfect lyrics. The same goes for most songs on the rock side! As for the acoustic side, Grohl writes his most personal/volnerable lyrics of his career. With a stand out being Friend of a Friend. The song is just haunting, and suprisingly old, he wrote it when he 1st joined Nirvana and moved in with Kurt. Another Round is another stand out on this side, although its hard for me to say that any song on this side isn't one. I mean when you from Still a storytelling type song about a moment in Grohls life to a song like Miracle which just beautiful. The acoustic side earns this mark alone. The rock side is still awesome too.

At this point is probaly pretty obvious that this album is worth a ten in my eyes. I've listened to this cd, at least once a day sense I got it. If you're unsure about buying the album just listen to songs like In Your Honor, The Last Song, and Deepest Blues are Black and you'll be sold, for the rock side at least. I must admit all my favorties are on the acoustic side. Just listen to Another Round, Frend of a Friend, Virginia Moon (with Norah Jones, amasing), and Razor, I absolutely love it.