In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

As a regularly new Foo Fighters fan, the first Foos album I owned was In Your Honor. It impressed me very much so but ever since I have gone on to own all their albums, I find it lacking. I still find it a great album, the acoustic side uplifts me and the rock side brings out the crazy side in me and I am always ready to listen to it but certainley not the best Foo album. Taylor's drumming is fantastic on this album however and the overall typical sound of Foo Fighters remains.

I always found Foo Fighters lyrics as nothing special being honest but with this album, I saw deeper than that. They interested me and I am sure they interested others. Dave's voice is unique and amazing and the lyrics almost fit with his voice. Good.

If anybody is interested in hearing Foo Fighters for the first time, I dont think I'd give them this. However much it is a good album, I dont think it can touch the older albums. The older, more raw Foo Fighters really did it for me and I'm sure with many other fans it did too. Not that this album should be unconsidered, it is good listening but it doesnt fit too much with older Foo Fighters and I think thats where the heart of the band lies. High point of the album: Taylor Hawkins doing outstandingly well, not only on the drumming of the album but vocals on Cold Day In The Sun are great.