In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

Without a doubt the best produced foo fighters album, it sounds crisp and clean. They have managed to make the album sound great without the use of too many studio effects and tweeks. Brilliant!

Dave Grohl's voice is at its best. More raw and brutal than ever for the heavy side, and beautifully melodic on the acoustic side, he has proved to us all that he has a wide range of vocal talent. Lyrics are generally good throughout, stand out tracks being DOA, No Way Back, over and Out And Still. Best scream: Free me all the way!

This album comes a close second to Color and the shape, which is no doubt thier best. In terms of sound they have blended all of thier previous albums together, with touches from every album. The rawness of Color and the shape and Foo fighters, with the melodies from There is nothing left to lose and one by one. The stand out tracks on the album are No way back, DOA, Free me, Still, Over and out and razor. But that is not to say that the other songs aren't good. I find it hard to find fault in this album. There isn't a bad word I can think of. I'm glad that the Foos have started to mellow as well as keep thier rock roots. I would most definately buy the album again if it were to be lost or stolen.