In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

The first disc has a good tenpo, fast-paced sound to it. With good songs such as best of you and resolve, it is overall amazing. The second disc-WOW. Here, dave grohl releases his inner self with amazing songs with amazing sound. Miracle, what if I do, and over and out are the three most amazing songs on it. That's not to say that the other songs aren't good. It's truly the perfect harmony of fast and slow, heavy and soft, and of guitar and voice.

Here, dave can easily determine what to sing, and when. the lyrics make sense, and have a deep meaning. best of you- here, dave sings like he never has before. loud, long, and hard. he really forces it, and that is what makes a good singer. The singing goes perfectly with the guitar, and he can also make the listener believe what he believes. Although, at times, he can get the song up it; s own ass with meaning, and that can make it annoying, at times.

Yes, it can get sappy, and even fruity, but it makes up for it with simple yet effective riffs. So, I think this album is one of the best ever, after Led Zeppelin IV, Nevermind (nirvana, another Dave Grohl project) and The Jime Hendrix "Are You Experienced?" album. Bravo, Dave Grohl. Bravo!

3blackpicks
    Seanography wrote: Definately the best band of this era
    RENEGADE8
    Quoted for truth.
    kgesme21
    If Physical Graffiti is the album to listen to for pure Zepplin, then In Your Honor is the album to listen to for pure Foo.
    Chirp08
    red157 wrote: I'm glad everyone here understands that Dave Grohl's main strength is drumming. His guitar work and song writing/vocals are certainly not of the same calibre as Homme.
    Exactly. Grohl is a great rythym guitarist but he has nothing on Homme, Homme is one of the most underrated guitarist out there, guess nobody watches their live stuff.
    Rugby Rocker
    ive read an interview of dave grohl and he admits that when he goes out on stage with a guitar he gets very nervous whereas when he is behind a drum kit he says he feels very clam and "at home" anyway its a fantastic album
    tristan_deity
    the acoustic disc sucks balls but the rock disc is pretty good. but foo fighters never really did it for me anyway
    a55a551n1191
    red_hot_chili18 : wheres "the sign" (last song disc 1) killer album bit short though - the acoustic sides a bit meh tho :s
    The Sign is a UK Bonus Track. So it's only available in the UK or on iTunes
    red_hot_chili18
    a55a551n1191
    Sorry for the double post But Josh Homme is a better guitarist than Dave, But Dave is a better drummer and singer
    CoattailRider9
    I am a huge fan of Foo Fighters, and Dave Grohl is a freaking God, but Josh is sooo much better than Dave at guitar. To be honest, Dave is an overrated guitarist, but he provides great as a frontman. I mean who doesn't like a frontman that plays guitar too? Check out Them Crooked Vultures, or Queens of the Stone Age. Listen to those riffs from Josh!
    LewisH95
    can remember first getting this CD and I love every song on it with it probably being my favorite foo fighters CD but there is just something about the acoustic CD that i can't get enough of. Some of the most relaxing, beautiful music I have ever heard and I continue to listen to it in 2013.
    b4t3man
    Msu_Man04
    3blackpicks wrote: Seanography wrote: Definately the best band of this era Uh, what? By what standards? The only thing this band is good at is writing an almost catchy riff, repeating the same lyrics for half a song, and getting WAY overplayed on the radio. WOO mainstream! Best band of the era? Fucking truth .
    Fixed.
    red157
    israels_son
    me-like-twang@h wrote: agreed!.....you really should have thought about the following comment Dave has the easier part because he has to sing, but he is also a better guitarist than Josh. .....foe more than zero point two of a second josh homme is a better guitarist than grohl but grohl is a better commercial song writer go to you tube and watch something like average john .....queens of the stone age music is much more intricate than foo
    It's called "Regular John"
    Thin White Duke
    The only problem I had with this album is that the producer Nick Raskulinecz (who also produced Stone Sour, the Exies, Danzig) has a bad habit of making all of a band's songs sound alike. With that being said, the first disc of In Your Honor kind of runs together and sounds kind of bland. Other than that though, it is a really good album.
    derekmichael
    10. Razor - features Josh "Amazing Band Destroyer" Homme with a second guitar part, I was veyr puzzled about this until I heard that Josh was in it, because it sounds amazing hard, but it is hard to distinguish the two parts, obviously Dave has the easier part because he has to sing, but he is also a better guitarist than Josh. Who knows 9/10. hahahahaha that last part made me laugh love the foos though and this album
    KingSquall802
    nah, ur wrong. Josh Homme is better than Dave Grohl on guitars. I think you should've say that Dave is better than Josh in Drums. Hahaha!
    jxmxsc
    No way is Dave a better guitarist than Josh, even he admits that! Awesome album though, some of their best stuff...
    jahyarain
    skin and bones. track one. cd. digital. dvd. hell, youtube it.
    me-like-twang@h
    jahyarain
    skin and bones. track one. cd. dvd. digital. hell, youtube it. and, yes, it's hard 2 play it and sing at the same time.
    lefthandman9876
    the rock album is very good, up there with TCATS the acoustic tracks are boring durge that drag on and are basicly really really crap, razor and cold day are both good, the rest is garbage
    PunkWulf
    lmao ny one realize there r almost as many reviews as there r comments lol XD
    David_Bowie=GOD
    b4t3man wrote: The album was, dare I say it...THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST!
    crap, i was about to use that joke
    derekmichael
    jahyarain wrote: derekmichael wrote: so if dave is a better guitarist than josh (still makes me giggle) then why would he bring josh in to record razor?? because he cant play it skin and bones. track one. cd. digital. dvd. hell, youtube it.
    ok im humbled lol it sounds a hell of a lot harder then it really is tho
    TapparMust
    No way in hell Dave Grohl is a better guitarist than Josh Homme. That was really a ridiculous thing to state.
    Msu_Man04
    RENEGADE8 wrote: 3blackpicks wrote: Seanography wrote: Definately the best band of this era Uh, what? By what standards? The only thing this band is good at is writing an almost catchy riff, repeating the same lyrics for half a song, and getting WAY overplayed on the radio. WOO mainstream! Best band of the era? Fucking joke. Quoted for truth.
    Quoted to say it's not the truth. Getting way overplayed isn't their fault, Dave doesn't "repeat the same lyrics for half a song" hardly ever, only on a few songs, and they aren't riff based rock anyway, so who cares about riffs?