Live At Wembley Stadium [DVD] review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Aug 25, 2008
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Foo Fighters: Live At Wembley Stadium [DVD]

First of all, I must say that I have been a huge fan and supporter of the Foo Fighters and their music, and was really looking forward to watching this DVD, as I didn't make it to the concert. For anyone that plays music, or for anyone at all, Foo fighters are likely to have inspired people with their music and style, as they have done so with me. From watching the DVD it dawns on you how far the Foos have actually come since 1995, and how far excelled in their careers as musicians.

Content — 10
The DVD comes with only the live concert and no 'extra features', but I guess there are loads of extra features and 'backstage footage' dotted around the internet and other DVD's. As well as playing the new stuff off the Echoes, silence, patience and grace album, they bolted out older favouraites such as Stacked Actors, Learn to fly and Everlong. However, one of the main factors in this live event was when Dave introduced John Paul Jones and Jimi Paige of Led Zepplin onto the stage in order to perform a couple of songs with them. The crowd were extatic, and Grohl himself even seemed overwhelmed. This absolutley added one of many climaxes to the event.

Production Quality — 10
One of the first things about this DVD I noticed was the quality of the filming by cameras and the pictures, and this itself makes it feel like you are actually there. (for people that were there, this will enable you to recall all of those treasured memories). The sound is also amazing, so as you crank up the volume, and as the Foo Fighters are great live, it sounds immense.

Overall, this is honestly one of the best live concerts I have ever seen, and I really recommend it. The energy and atmosphere created is just so hard to compare to any other as it is just so great. The thing I love about it, is just how the Foos come on stage, do their thing and leave everyone in such a high. Downsides? I really cannot think of any. For you Foo Fans that have not yet seen this epic concert I recommend you go to the shops now and buy it, get home, slap it on a TV, whack the volume to full blast and party hard! It's one thing you NEED to do in your life.

linkrevolver
    the best dvd iv ever seen, its perfect it could b even more perfect if it had but honestly
    Stone Agean
    linkrevolver wrote: the best dvd iv ever seen, its perfect it could b even more perfect if it had Wind Up, My Poor Brain, hey, Johnny Park!,Aurora, Live-In Skin etc
    fixed.