One by One review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
Foo Fighters: One by One

The sound of this album is the most accomplished by the Foo's looking into it apparantly they took a completely different approach to recording this album. I say it's the most accomplished sound but I dont feel it's necessarily the best. The colour and the shape is in my eyes the best album they made. I must say though I am very impressed with the very hard rock sound of "All My Life" and yet you can still tell it's the Foo Fighters.

The lyrics aren't the best Dave Grohl has churned out but still pretty good. I personally dont look for meaning in lyrics I just listen to the harmony and melody they produce with the music and with this record the cerntainly dont fail the Foo's reputation.

I want to compare this with Metallica, I know they are the very at different ends of the spectrum but they have fallen into the same trap in tryin to change their sound and making the music they make more diverse but not quite hitting the mark to the publics point of view. I must say I loved this album when I first bought it but as I listend to more and more of their early stuff it started to change my mind on the record. If you haven't listen to any other Foo Fighters records buy this! If your a die hard Foo's fan they buy this and you may be slightly disapointed but not enough to care.