One by One review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
Foo Fighters: One by One

One by One is a great album. Foo fighters really are the band of the '90s and now, as 1999s fantastic There Is Nothing Left To Lose proved. This album, which I bought 3 years after it came out, is as good as TINLTL. The sound is great, and the style off riffs they write are totally unique and you know it's them. The drums are pounding and clear, the bass great as usual, and the guitar weird and wonerful. Top-notch stuff.

Dave Grohl's lyrics have come a long way and they continue to get better. For sheer brilliance, look at One By One, but songs like Halo, Times like these, and Disenchanted Lullaby still have great lyrics; "I'm a 1 way motorway..." His "shouty" bits are great as well, because he shouts in tune! Dave Grohl is a legend in the making, and his lyrics support this.

This album is amazing, and I would recommend it to anyone who has a mild interest in rock, pop, or grunge since this record has elements of all 3. Best songs are All My Life, Times Like These, Low, Have It All, Disenchanted Lullaby. If this album was lost, I'd say fair play to the theif for choosing such a good album. Then I'd hunt him down.