One by One review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
Foo Fighters: One by One

The sound of this album is the most accomplished by the Foo's looking into it apparantly they took a completely different approach to recording this album. I say it's the most accomplished sound but I dont feel it's necessarily the best. The Colour And The Shape is in my eyes the best album they made. I must say though I am very impressed with the very hard rock sound of "All My Life" and yet you can still tell it's the Foo Fighters.

We now move on to the lyrics, and back to frontman Dave Grohl (aka the coolest person in rock). On TINLTL, Grohl astonished us with songs like Generator, Learn To Fly, and Aurora. On this album, he betters himself, with amazing lyrics on All My Life "All my life I've been searching for something, something never comes, never leads to nothing..." Times Like These "I'm a one way motorway" and have it all "I'm still in love with you, bot you gotta have it all." His lyrics are improving constantly and have reached their peak here. He shouts, he croons, he sings, yet he still manages to retain his unique style in his lyrics. He is truly one of the best singers of today, and his lyrics remain unsurpassed by all the wannabe bands out there.

This album is amazing, and I would recommend it to anyone who has a mild interest in rock, pop, or grunge since this record has elements of all 3. Best songs are All My Life, Times Like These, Low, Have It All, Disenchanted Lullaby. If this album was lost, I'd say fair play to the theif for choosing such a good album. Then I'd hunt him down.