One by One review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Foo Fighters: One by One

The Foos are a very goof band with lead singer, Dave Grohl coming all the way from Nirvana. They have a good sound and I find their best album is the rock on the In Your Honour album. This album is alright, but it doesn't really have the same affect when I listen to it then One By One. Most the guitar licks are good and even the slower songs aren't shabby. The Foos have been around for a while, not a favourite band of mine, but pretty good. This album is before the foos really got serious. Dave said the album to remember them by is In Your Honour, but One By One shows their skills well.

The lyrics are quite good, especially where he describes himselfa s a one way motorway. I think that, full respect to Dave Grohl, but the guitar licks are great in all the osngs and sometimes when Dave comes in he looses some effect of the song. The lyrics are deep and there are many ways of taking them. Many songs are serious and the words to these songs are key and vital to getting the meaning of the songa across. Good lyrics overall.

As I said, this isn't their greatest album, but they are working up to a great album, which has just come out. One By One is like a working proggess for the band and the released singles are great, but the unreleased could have had more work on them. The Foos' songs shows off their talent in this album, but I feel sometimes there is a gap between the singer and the rest of the band. Mainly a good album from the Foos, nothing special, but typical get what you get from the Foos, Foos album.