One by One review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
Foo Fighters: One by One

It's hard to start this. Let's sart with previous Foo cds. Most of their cd's weren't very heavy and consisted of some acoustic ballads. This doesn't. This is Dave Grohl screaming, riffs in Drop-d, appearnce of Brian May (Tired of You), Chris's debut with the Foos, Talyor pounding the drums, and Nate puttin out those melodic bass riffs. How much more better could it get? I love "All My Life", the first Foos song I've ever heard, probably because of the palm muted G in the intro. As I was listening to album, I was doing my homework. The music was low, but I could Taylor's drum beats. They were amazing!

This man learned from one of the best songwriters in history, Kurt Cobain. He has used that to his advantage. The intro to "All My life" is great. It would've been better if he sang it the way he did live, but it's great! "Tired of You" is a strong, but very quiet song with powerful lyrics. And how could I not write about "Times Like These", my favorite Foo Fighters song (yes, better than "Everlong"), The chorus the last time is wonderful. "It's times like these, you learn to live again, It's times like these, you give and give again, It's times like these, you learn to love again. It's times like these, time and time again" is the best chorus I've ever heard. Dave out does himself here. A 10 for that crazy bastard.

This my second favorite Foo Fighter cd, behind "The Colour and the Shape". "All My Life", "Low", "Times Like These", and "Tired of You" are stand-outs on this album. This is by far the heaviest of the Foo Fighters album, and the Foo's are at their best when they turn that distortion up to eleven. This is a must buy for Foo Fighters fans, and if I lost this cd, I would be in Best Buy tommorrow buying another one. A 9 for the Foo Fighters "One by One".