One by One review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
Foo Fighters: One by One

The recording is really crisp and have a very distinctive tone. Dave Grohl himself has said this is his least favorite record by the Foos as it was just sort of thrown together. It's pretty much straight out rock but there are lighter moments such as 'Tired of You'. There are really only 4 or 5 good songs on the record not that the rest are bad, they just lack the feeling.

There is a wide range of lyrical topics and meaning but the two standout tracks (All My Life, Times Like These) have really strong lyrics. All My Life is, according to Grohl, a reference to performing oral sex on a woman. And if you really listen it makes sense but it's not dirty in an obvious way. The lyrics to Times Like These are some of the best ever put out by Dave Grohl if not the best. It really is an inspiring song. Dave Grohl delivers again with his awesome vocal ability and lets everything out especially in All My Life when his yells resonate perfectly.

Overall this isn't that great of an album but 'All My Life' and 'Times Like These' make it worth it. I love those two songs and 'Tired of You' but I hate how the rest of the album is kind of boring, just lacking overall. If it were stolen I would definetely pick up another copy.

Cobalt Blue
    This album is a real 'grower' I pretty much hated it the first time I heard it (aside from a couple songs) but after half a dozen listens I loved it. It's probably my 4rth favorite Foo album
    A-TrainBadSeed
    i dont see how someone wouldn't like one by one or nothing left to lose, i have never heard a bad foo fighters album. some of their songs take a little listening before u can like it though. my favorite foo fighters album would have to be skin and bones, even though it features songs from all different albums i still think that their acoustic versions are by far the best
    03cobrasarenice
    I listen to this album every day on my way to school and the songs never get old. It has to be one of my favorite albums.
    Destroying Ange
    This is One Of the Better Foo Fighters Albums, I Think In general These Guys Rock, this CD Is A buy
    metal_licka
    I dunno wether I would call "Low" a dark song as such, it has darker tones than some of the others yes but the content isn't so much so. Has anyone seen the video? coz it certainly lightens things up.
    mosh_rocker2006
    I don't have this album. I read that Dave Grohl really didn't like this album, that he and the band rushed to get in and get out. But I'm interested to hear it.