One by One review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
Foo Fighters: One by One

One By One sounds like Hard Rock. It sounds like the Foo Fighter tooks their time to make sure each song sounded like it should. With less experimental sound than their third album, There Is Nothing Left To Lose, Dave and friends create a solid sound. It also sounded like the Foo's took a sudden turn with their usual punk/rock sound. This isn't bad, although I prefer their older work better. Needless to say this is a brilliant album.

The lyrics on One By One are pretty good. The lyrics sound like Dave took the time to really put his thoughts into the songs. I like when a band does that, the Foo Fighter's did just that. Dave is a good singer, though not the best. That doesn't mean he isn't good though. His best vocals, I think are on the tracks, Times Like These, Halo, and Come Back. As always, the lyrics go very well with the music.

I was very hesitant to buy this, because I've heard several of the tracks already. I wasn't sure if the new direction for the Foo's was good or bad. A few year passed, and I bought. Below, are some details on each track. 01. All My Life - the first single. It's a very good track, and sets the mood for what's to come. 02. Low - the third single. It's not the best song on the album, but it's good on it's own. 03. Have It All - the fourth and final single. A very good song that I enjoy. The lyrics are good as well. 04. Times Like These (One-way Motorway) - the second single. This is a class track for the Foo Fighter's, and one my favorites on the album. 05. Disenchanted Lullaby - a very good song. One of my favorites as well. It has a very interesting beginning, and is fun to play on guitars. 06. Tired Of You - probably the worst song on the album. Even so, It's an okay track. It's also all palm-muted, and there are no drums. 07. Halo - my favorite track on this album. It's an excellant song, and has very good lyrics. 08. Lonely As You - another good track. Again, it's not one of the best, but it'll take a few listens to get into. 09. Overdrive - might also take a few listens to get into. It's not the best, it has a tune that you can hum along to. 10. Burn Away - has a gritty intro, and a great bass line. Not the best. 11. Come Back - quite possibly the best outro song to a Foo Fighter album, next to New way Home off of TCATS. Probably my second favorite song of of here. An excellant song. This is one of the Foo's best albums in my mind.

benthegrunge
    a review for a popular band like foo fighters should be aimed at casuals, because diehards will get it regardless. would u honestly recommend one by one to casual foos fan, or an eclectic music conissieur? of course not. there's no way this album is an 8/10, its sleepy for the most part
    fendercobain87
    this was a very amazing cd but colur and the shape was there best. but all my life was a very powerfull song at least the foos are still making graet records.