The Colour and the Shape review by Foo Fighters

• Released: May 20, 1997
Foo Fighters: The Colour and the Shape

Firstly I could not stand theis great sounding albumn going without a review. The riff to start off "Monkey Wrench" is great sounding and will keep you huming it for the rest of ure life from the first listen and then followed up by the hard hitting and great sounding "Hey, Johny Park" witch, to me is a sound of its own. Skiping a few and moving on to "My Hero" witch has been well written and is a memroable song but is followed up by a jazz song, well I think its a jazz song, wich is called "see you" this is the only track on the albumn wich just dosnt sound like foo fighters to me. Next is the extreamly well written well played song "everlong" its a great song and one that even the people I know who dont like the Foos love. Skipping past "walking after you" and going straight to the final track on the albumn "New Way home" with a thrilling build up to a great ending i love it but mostly cause I like the shouty bit at the end. Overal the sound of this albumn is great. I'll give this *5 Stars*.

The Lyrics For this albumn are great, they lyrics go well with the music and its style. The lyrics for the foo fighters are genraly quite wierd but thats only because of a few songs, but if all the lyrics made sense I doubt foo fighters would sound like foo fighters. This is another albumn were dave grohl has shown how good he is at singing I don't think anybody compares to the sound of his voice. Yep Definitely another *5 Stars*.

Ok, I've kinda described some of the best songs on the albumn in the sound bit but I'll put them in order of how much I like and think that generally other people would like down wards. Gretest song I think at the top is "Everlong" then "Monkey wrench" "Hey, Johny Park" "New Way Home" "My Hero" This is I think one of the greatest foo fighters albumns there is and is one of the greatest albumn I own it doesn't compare to any other albums or arists I know of, it's of its own class because it does not sound like any other albumns I own. The things I love about this albumn is mostly the hard sound although the things I hate is "see You" I don't like that song it dose not sound a thing like any of the foo fighters other stuff. I've already lost this albumn once and I went out and got another copy straight away and if I lost it again I'd do the same. If you are a Foo Fighters Fan then this album would be great for you it was definitely a great albumn for me for me. Hmmmm I wonder what rating this is gonna get *5 Stars*. I hope this review has been helpful, if it hasn't then thats just life isn't it.