The Colour and the Shape review by Foo Fighters

• Released: May 20, 1997
Foo Fighters: The Colour and the Shape

I love the sounds on this album,the bassy stacked actors riff is very catchy. I had it with me foralong time in my head. The swooshy guitar for breakout is just cool, makesit stand out from other songs. Generator is so addictive and I just get taken in by evey song on the album. Aurora actually makes me think to the northern lights and the riff is just so haunting and I, and most people I know love it.

The lyrics go very well with the music and match up very well. Thereare no real mismatches at all. I get the feeling that there is a real meaning behind the lyrics of most of the songs that I didn't get with previous work like monkey wrench. Although Dave isnt the most technically gifted singer in the world he puts a lot of effort and emotion into the songs and his vocal style works very well with the way the songs have been written.

I think tihis is a really good album and I think it is actally better than the Colour and the Shape. I just find myself becoming engrossed in the songs and the album really does end far too soon. Which to me shows that it has made a very good impression. If you don't have it already, why not you freaks.