The Colour and the Shape review by Foo Fighters

• Released: May 20, 1997
Foo Fighters: The Colour and the Shape

First of all I would like to say Dave Grohl is a genius, for anyone to make an album like this is amazing. With Daves song writing and part time drumming, Pat Smears guitar playing, and Nate Mendels bassing they created and album that put them to the top. The sound is so great because of all the variety, no song sounds the same and almost every song on the albums a hit. From the hard rocking of My Poor brain, Wind up, and Enough space to the softer sounds of doll, hey, jonny park!, and Febuary stars. theres even some acoustics in see you and walking after you. But the greatest song, The Reason you should buy the album, Everlong. The greatest song in my opinion that the foos have ever made is everlong, Why? The lyric will blow you away like "Breathe out so I can breathe you in" the riffs are amazing and the drumming keeps you listening. even just buying this CD for the sound is good.

Dave is an amazing writing, because of how fresh they are. They aren't the same crap you hear everyday, there diffrent. every song on the album has great lyrics, except I have to be honest, My Poor Brain lyrics sort of suck, but the sound make up for that, so I don't really care that much. If your not a fan of foos yet than you will be after listining to the lyrics of this album, and if you already are a fan you will love them even more.

It seems the more I listen to the foo fighters the more I like them and this album Blew Me Away. I can't say what you like but if you like Nirvana or Queens Of The Stone age you will love this album and I also feel you will like this album if you give it a chance.