There Is Nothing Left to Lose review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Nov 2, 1999
Foo Fighters: There Is Nothing Left to Lose

Great sound can be a bit patchy in places. The levels are about perfect with the vocals not to loud and guitars and drums and so on being around around about right. The songs are well written.

Out of the three albums so far the lyrics on the tracks of there is nothing left to lose are by far the most meaningful, even if a little clichet and cheesy. And the singing itself is impeccible. To the slightly higher keys of 'Learn To Fly' to the furious screams of 'Breakout. One bad thing about lyrics on the record is there simply isn't enough screaming! Looking back at songs like 'Enough Space' and the closing bars of 'February Stars' from second album 'The Colour And The Shape', there simply isn't enough screaming to satisfy the hard rocker, but for the slightly more sophisticated music fan the lyrics are enough to bring tears of joy to every listeners eyes.

This album is incredible; absorbing, epic, angry, energetic, forceful, incredible, powerful and that's just the first song! This album I feel is one of the best rock album's of the last 10 years, simply because it rocks so hard with a great level of cryptic genious! It makes you want to grab a guitar and play-along, it makes you wanna sing along. It does everything a quality rock album should do. This is a top class quality rock album, with that little something extra. I would seriously recommend this album. It's incredible. However some songs do stand out to me. My favourite songs are probably Gimme Stitches, Next Year and MIA which is such a great album finisher. I feel that the first song (Stacked Actor's) and the last (MIA) perfectly envelope the album, in which you'll find hidden gems, well known anthems and simply good rock songs. Perhaps not a perfect album but closer than any other but the very best attempts. It is hard to imagine this not becoming one of your favourite albums.