Wasting Light review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Apr 12, 2011
Foo Fighters: Wasting Light

This is Foo Fighters latest album, following Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. It was recorded using no modern computer equipment and all in Dave Grohl's garage. The whole album sounds amazing and has a few guest artists! These include Bob Mould doing backing vocals on "Dear Rosemary" and Krist Novoselic playing bass guitar and accordion on the song "I Should Have Known". Along with that the album marks the return of former member, Pat Smear as a full time official member. The album is filled with a sense of Rock and even on one song, "I Should Have Known" a little bit of the Blues. Throughout most of the album the song are filled with distorted guitars and hard hitting drums.

The Lyrics throughout the album go perfect with every song. Dave Grohl is probably singing at the best he ever has and sounds great. Every song he sings fits with the guitar, bass, and drum parts, and also set a mood for every song, that lasts throughout that one song, and then sets another mood for the one directly after it.

This album blows almost every other hard rock album I've listened to completely out of the way. It blows past even past Foo Fighter albums and sounds similar to them but at the same time almost completely different. Probably the best songs on this album, the ones I listen to the most, are "I Should Have Known", "Bridge Burning", "Dear Rosemary", and "Miss the Misery". There is sadly only one problem I have with this album, and that is the song "White Limo", which is a good song, but for some reason I just don't like the sound of it, so its not even necessarily a bad thing (depends on who you are). Well seeing as this is one of the CDs that I decided to actually get a physical copy for, if it was stolen I would definitely go back down to Target and pay another 10 dollars to get the CD again.

Henkdemachtige
    courageous93 wrote: A solid album. If anyone says differently, I challenge them to produce such a strong body of songs in the same method as the Foos.
    You mean like in a garage without the fancy studio? I think thats the only ****ing option I have to record, so yes, I will take that challenge.
    red-mosquito
    I am now listening to the album there were tracks that really sounds cool and some are not.. but I'm still gonna buy it.. The 3 guitar piece for them never works I think Pat Smear is just doubling what Dave is doing its really non sense..Chris is doing the better work which complements to dave's parts..didn't sound analog
    Tigershark2112
    Anyone ever heard the term 'overanalyze'? I think its great how some people like arguing about music more than listening and enjoying. This album makes me feel something when I hear it, that's all ask for from my music.
    Hungry_Hameds
    eljono123 wrote: jac254 wrote: Love the album, Analog is always the best way to record An opinion. Listened to an interview w/ Brenden O'Brien.. he thought otherwise and I'd take his opinion over a random UG poster.
    You'd take his opinion but you cant spell his name? ok then... this album sounds great, therefore the results you can get with analog are great, but equally digital is great as long as there's no auto-tuning!!