Wasting Light review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Apr 12, 2011
Foo Fighters: Wasting Light

The Foo Fighters is easily one of my most favorite bands out of all the music I listen to. Their distinctive melodies and rocking riffs and drums are undeniably recognizable and well done that make them a standout rock band from the '90s. This seventh studio outing "Wasting Light" is a great album recorded in 2010 and released on April, 12 2011. Also this album marks Pat Smear coming back into the fold as an actual member again, instead of just being a live member (as he was from 2006-2009). This album doesn't really give any new sounds to the Foos' other work but definitely rocks as much or more than any of their other albums. Track Listing: 01. Bridge Burning 02. Rope 03. Dear Rosemary 04. White Limo 05. Arlandria 06. These Days 07. Back & Forth 08. A Matter Of Time 09. Miss The Misery 10. I Should Have Known 11. Walk Members: Dave Grohl - lead vocals, guitar Nate Mendel - bass Chris Shiflett - guitar, backing vocals Pat Smear - guitar Taylor Hawkins - drums, percussion, backing vocals

The lyrics of this album are f*cking great! Dave never disappoints on this album, it harkens back to the band's first album-esque lyrics about anger issues, growing older, and personal subjects. The lyrics mesh very well with its supporting music, making it a great listen. Dave Grohl has impeccable singing skills and rocks each track every time you hear it. The emotion in his voice is outstanding on this record, like most other things he records.

This certainly (in my perspective) is the best Foo Fighters album there is. Song after Song does not disappoint (except "Rope" not a huge fan of that song). The most impressive songs are "Bridge Burning", "Dear Rosemary", "White Limo", "Arlandria", "These Days", "Back & Forth", "A Matter Of Time", "I Should Have Known" and "Walk". I love almost everything about it, the guitars are very rocking with 3 guitars played on the album, each with different chords, solos, or guitar lines placed in perfectly with ease. The bass is rock solid with a very smooth feel to it. The drums are very excellently done as well with very intriguing fast passages and beats making it more interesting as well. If this album was lost or stolen I would rush out to buy it again, I wouldn't even think of trying to get another record to replace it.

BOYERxBREAKDOWN
    EpiExplorer wrote: Dont trust Foo Fighters when they say they 'recorded it in a garage with analog'. I know for a fact that they use Pro Tools so much that all they do is record say, a snare hit, and use it for the entire album. Same with the guitars and bass. Sounds so robotic and inhuman..
    You and all of you comments are full of AIDS and FAIL