Wasting Light review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Apr 12, 2011
Foo Fighters: Wasting Light

When this album came out, I wasn't what to expect. With the last album been a mixed bag of acoustic/alternative rock (I enjoyed it though), I wasn't sure what they were going to do. However, when Dave said this was going to be a full on rock album, my expectations rose greatly. The sound of this album is fantastic. The guitars sound fat and chunky yet smooth and clean when they have to be. There are some sleek bass lines to be heard and Taylor's drumming shows us the reason why we fell in love with him in the first place. The record maintains a hard rock sound all the way through, even on the more tone down sounds like "These Days" and "I Should Have Known". Butch Vig has done an incredible job with this album.

Dave's vocal skills are still as good as ever, even with him aging. He can still provide those awesome screams you will all know and love, which can be heard on the track "White Limo". Dave's get across his emotions on all of the songs, especially "Arlandria" and "I Should Have Known". The lyrics are some of the best work the Foo's have written since "There Is Nothing Left To Lose". Although they can be a bit repetitive at times, this doesn't really bother you due to how catchy it is. I love all the lyrics for every song on this album.

This is hands down the best release since "The Colour And The Shape". I love all of the Foo's albums, but this is now my favourite. I have nothing bad really to say about this album. I enjoyed it all the way through, and I've literally been listening to songs off it everyday since release. If this was lost or stole from my collection, I would go to buy it straight away. I love every song it but for me the highlights are: "Arlandria" "Rope" "Miss The Misery" "Walk" "Dear Rosemary" "These Days" If you are a fan of Alternative Rock, this is must have for your collection.

symmetryerased
    At first, I don't really get my hopes up for topping ESP&G. they never cease to amaze me. and please prove me wrong for the next album.