Breaker review by For Today

• Released: Aug 31, 2010
For Today: Breaker

The new album from For Today is nothing short of an amazing repeat of last year's Portraits, this album is heavier more creative then the last. For Today has risen up from a small christian metalcore band to one of the heavy hitters among metalcore. This album is littered with breakdowns mesmerizing riffs and heavy hitting lyrics. Even for me an aithist are effected by the christian lyrics. This albums amazing guitar craftsman ship will leave you in awe. All the parts of key metalcore album are there.

I think that the first album they were saying what they stood for the second shows them spreading the word of god in powerful way and this album is basically what will happen when your a chirsitian or not thats what I got from them. The basic story that I got from them are the "Breaker" in the beginning is a troubled person with alot of problems goes on the path of sin then his rise to being a speaker of gods word.

It beats all previous from them and beats recent releases from Miss May I, and The Devil Wears Prada the overwhelming scream from Maddie just beats all he even does a new higher scream witch is pretty sick. The heaviest has to either: The Advocate, Kings, Or Sherephim. All have some of the best breakdowns in the album. I love almost everything about this album if I had one complaint is that the rapping needs to be a bit stronger. I would. Absolutely buy this amazing album!

ProgJazzMath
    Terrible review. Great band. I wouldn't be surprised if this review pushed people away from the band because you explain them like some generic-core band, which they are not. So, anyone reading this comment just know these guys kick ass, and that is coming from someone who is EXTREMELY picky in his music. Cheers
    devilskommander
    eteam_sammy4him wrote: Wow, I'm sorry, I love For Today, but this review has done no justice for them. I am sure you had good intentions behind it, but use some sort of editing.
    millarso wrote: I'm sorry, but this review really needs a lot of grammar help to be credible also.
    withgunstoglory wrote: Is English the reviewers first language?
    Echoplex wrote: This review does not present a good case for the fans of this particular type of music.
    ProgJazzMath wrote: Terrible review. Great band. I wouldn't be surprised if this review pushed people away from the band because you explain them like some generic-core band, which they are not.
    I'm noticing a pattern here. In all seriousness, I love For Today, this review sucked, but I am stoked for the new album!
    ianaimo
    Shredder Guitar wrote: "the rapping needs to be a bit stronger?" what the hell does that even mean?!?! The cd is based around a poem written by Jose Palos called none other then "breaker". So it's not actually meant to be rapping. It is actually someone reciting a poem. Apparently, the reviewer didn't think that this was important enough to mention lol I'll admit though it does kinda sound like the raised tu-pac from the dead and had him do the poem reciting traks lol I just bought the cd yesterday... I wait till a band has at least 3 cd's or more, before I consider them "one of my fav bands". For today is def one of my fav bands now. This cd is absolutely amazing! I will agree there are some things I feel that they did just to sell records such as the breakdown in every song that sounds like the acacia strain... But seriously, this cd is legit. Also, I don't really like the guest vocals from the vocalist of stray from the path. His vocal style didn't really match the lyrics or riff that he was screaming along to. Overall, I'd give this cd an 8 out of 10. I just feel that there are at least 2 songs (aside from the annoying "rapping" tracks) that I actually listened to 5-7 times and just skip now when I listen to the cd. Every other song is classic amazing for today just made a little easier to sell. Hope this helps anyone thinking about buying the cd!
    ianaimo
    Alpha_Wolf wrote: Just received it in the mail a few days ago. I love it, White Flag is amazing.
    Ya white flag is pretty legit... I think my fav song has to be devestator though. That song just gets me so effin pumped.
    eteam_sammy4him
    Wow, I'm sorry, I love For Today, but this review has done no justice for them. I am sure you had good intentions behind it, but use some sort of editing. On a more positive note, I'm definitely stoked about getting this album. I have "Devastator" on my phone, and my phone speaker can't even handle the breakdown, it begins to distort.
    Shredder Guitar
    Alpha_Wolf wrote: Shredder Guitar wrote: "the rapping needs to be a bit stronger?" what the hell does that even mean?!?! Lmao who said that?! But I have this album on pre-order, but I've listened to a few tracks online. It all sounds great to me.
    Hahaha read the last 2 lines of the review. I just don't understand. I have it on preorder too, man! My friend went to one of their CD release shows and go the album 2 days ago, so I borrowed it. You will not be dissappointed!!
    ColdHeartedHero
    Does anyone else get very uncomfortable when they can actually understand what the singer is saying? Or is it just me? They have some interesting tunes, but there nothing AMAZING
    synestershadows
    ProgJazzMath wrote: Terrible review. Great band. I wouldn't be surprised if this review pushed people away from the band because you explain them like some generic-core band , which they are not.
    They are generic-core. Nothing but melodeath leads and breakdowns. This band is becoming very boring very quickly. That being said, I enjoyed their other albums.
    Echoplex
    Alpha_Wolf
    derpdragon
    Just got to ask, Christian Metalcore Hardcore... What the hell is that? Then again I still don't get what the hell Metalcore is suppose to be.
    MetalheadforJC
    ... How does this qualify as a review? Seams more like what the band does then a album review. :/
    millarso
    Sure, these guys are instrumentally talented, but as this review proves they are really nothing but breakdowns after they get done with the cool leads. I like some of the breakdowns but it just gets a little ridiculous after awhile. I'm sorry, but this review really needs a lot of grammar help to be credible also.