Forbidden Evil review by Forbidden

Forbidden: Forbidden Evil

The album starts out with a nice, speedy, classic thrash metal riff with screeching vocals, and pretty much continues that way throughout the album. If I were to compare them with any other band, I'd stay they sounded like a cross between old Exodus, Slayer, and Death Angel combined. Forbidden is one of those not-so-well-known bands in the metal scene, however they thrived with other Bay-Area Thrash bands. Definitely a gem.

The lyrics are clearly sung/screamed, and have an overall good rhyming scheme and rhythmical pattern. Mostly about death, insanity, and anti-religion, nothing out of the ordinary for a metal band. The vocalist does a great job maintaining a balance between screaming and singing, however some of his screams seem to be a little off key.. such as in the song "Off The Edge" (track 2). Most lyrics seem to go perfectly with the song, and are pretty catchy.

I've yet to get more albums from this band, being as how it's hard to buy stuff when you're broke and they're hard to find in the first place, but from bits and pieces of other albums that I've heard by Forbidden, I've concluded that this is a great album, but it is not their best, which makes me want to get some of their other CD's even more. My favorite songs from this album are "Chalice of Blood," "Through Eyes of Glass," and "March into Fire." If it were stolen I'd be truly shocked because I only have this album in mp3 format but I'd totally buy it again. This ranks into one of my top 20 metal bands.

sundayman78
    good review.I had this in vinyl but unfortunetly it ended up in the dumpster, but I managed to get another copy of it on CD.
    melowar
    Why would you rank a band into your top 20 when you only heard one record from them?