Forever Never review by Forever Never

• Released: Apr 13, 2009
Forever Never: Forever Never

The singing on this album I think is remeniscent of some of the "goth" bands of the early part of this decade but with a man singing it, that man being Reny Carrol. There is also a bit of a soul-like quality to some of the melodies he sings, a bit like heather small or something. Sounds awful I know but I mean it in the best way possible because along with the chrushing low tuned (some in F#, but mostly in A) guitar riffs and metal drumming, along with the breakdowns too really sort of works in it's own way. The harder vocals that reny does are really well executed and brutal sounding too. All in all, I'm a big fan of the way they've brought the sounds of metal and hardcore music and mixed with softer styles too.

The lyrics on this album are very emotional, very much about the way they're feeling. Some of the lyrics are quite dark, about subjects such as death and the "otherside". Some songs are quite fantasy based, whilst others are very much real life sort of things. None of the lyrics I would say are very abstract, you pretty much know what they're trying to say with the words. They do however try to do something different with subjects that you commonly find written out in songs, in a way which I find is pretty creative. Overall, pretty good. As I've already mentioned I think the singer is really good, he can pull off both clean and dirty vocals pretty well imo.

There are a lot of bands who like to do this whole low tuning thing, I think FN have got a good idea of how to do it though. The best songs from this album I think are the first ones, "Broken Kingdom", "Never Enough", and "Empty Promises". I think "Exitdose" does need a special mention though as it has a guest singer, Vikki Turner out of solsikk or something like that anyway. Pretty good song done together too. What I love about this album is the way everything sort of just works together. What I'm not a big fan of is the way some of it can get you down a bit. Overall I think if I lost the songs I would try to get most of them back.

Amuro Jay
    What's with the first part of this review? Usually when I read a review I can get a good idea of what a band is supposed to sound like, or at least what genre it's in. I'm clueless as to what's going on here, other than the fact that these guys tune low, and do the same exact thing a lot of other bands do (mixing metal and hardcore), which doesn't actually help since you can do that in so many ways. I have no idea what to expect, I don't know if I'd like it or not.
    XtractionProces
    We of the internet like to use this ancient tool, don't know if you've ever heard of it...YouTube .
    KurdtStaley
    lol yeah i'm about to youtube them right now. i do in some ways agree with jetfuel though. lol i'd like to know more about the artist before i waste my time with this shit. but anyways i'll let you know what i think in about 5-10 minutes.
    KurdtStaley
    Amuro Jay
    XtractionProces wrote: We of the internet like to use this ancient tool, don't know if you've ever heard of it...YouTube.
    That doesn't change the fact that this is an extremely vague review, and you can't argue with that.
    PearlDrummer8
    Terrible review, but amazing band. I'll try to sum these guys up in a few sentences. This band has a huggee variety of influences. Anywhere from Michael Jackson, to Machine Head, to Meshuggah, to Sevendust in equal measures. There are many vocal harmonies, breakdowns, and complex time signatures all in a unique album. I would highly recommend this cd because there is not a single bad song on there. My favorites are "Broken Kingdom", "Eradicated", "Living Daydream", "Send Me a Sign (closer)", "Broken Kingdom" and "No More Tomorrow". www.myspace.com/forevernever These guys are incredible.
    PearlDrummer8
    KurdtStaley wrote: sounds like a decent band. i just listened to cinema bizarre which has a nice quite loud sound going. an all singing track. then i listened to as i lie which has a clean, scream dynamic change type thing. they seem so so. lyrics might be a little queer. i'll probably torrent the album though.
    Cinema Bizzare is a different band! The band is "Forever Never". There is also a different band called "Forever or Never" to prevent any confusion .
    Amuro Jay
    Thank you, PearlDrummer, you have officially made this band seem very interesting. I'll check them out when I get home.
    travislausch
    These guys are kinda nu-metally, but not in a Korn way. They're kinda like Karnivool mixed with Meshuggah, I guess.
    travislausch
    Oh and while their lead guitarist is no Fredrik Thordendal, he certainly holds his own. He's pretty decent as a soloist. Nothing groundbreaking, but it's easy to get into if you love guitar solos.
    eddiehimself
    Terrible review, but amazing band.
    eddiehimself
    i'm surprised no-one else has done a review really. If you wanted better you should have done it yourself!
    PearlDrummer8
    eddiehimself wrote: Terrible review, but amazing band. nice, i'm going to sig that. Yeah i was pretty ****ing tired when i did that review but i'm glad i got some people to listen to them because they are gr8.
    No worries. Great to see people spreading the word about these guys!