J.A.C.K. review by Forever the Sickest Kids

• Released: Jun 25, 2013
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Forever the Sickest Kids: J.A.C.K.

I've loved Forever The Sickest Kids since the beginning, and this album fits in a lot more with "today's music," and what I mean by that is it's more pop, than their earlier stuff. They are with a new record label, Fearless Records, and I think that's a reason why they've changed a bit, and two of the members left to go back to college, but I like the new FTSK just as much as the old. I'm sure there are stories attached to the album, I just don't know what they are. Their are songs about relationships, political views of our nation, and current events.

I enjoy most of the lyrics, they make sense, they're catchy, and the way Jonathan, Caleb, and Austin sing the songs is amazing (as usual)! There is one song that bothers me, and that would be "Count on Me (For Nothing)." It sounds like something that would either be in a musical, or a song that a church congregation would be jammin' to. That's not the weird part of the song though, it's when some man (that I'm pretty sure is not one of the band members) starts saying "clap your hands" and stuff in the background towards the end of the song, it kind of ruins it. That's my personal opinion. Songs you need to check out on the album would be "Chin Up Kid," "Nice to Meet You," "Nikki," "La La Lainey," and "Cross My Heart," I enjoyed those the most.

This album reminds me sort of Mayday Parade's "Anywhere But Here," just a little, and The Summer Set's newest album "Legendary". They sound alike, and have that pop drive in them. The most impressive songs on the album would be "Chin Up Kid," "Nice to Meet You," "Nikki," and "Cross My Heart." One thing I love about this album is the artwork on it, the drummer, Kyle Burns, designed it himself, so that's pretty cool, and I like the whole comic book theme. I also love the guitar on this album, it's just different from the others, and all of the songs are fast paced! One thing I don't like is that there is a lot more electronic stuff on this album, but that's not much of an issue. If this album was lost or stolen I would most definitely buy it again! I have all of FTSK's albums, and I spent $60 on the pre-order package, so the band is special to me and I wouldn't get rid of their stuff, and I would buy anything new that they have to offer. Great guys. Great album.

YouTube preview picture
YouTube preview picture

Sam Rulez D00d
    I really like this album! They've always been a pop band, and I don't think J.A.C.K. is any more pop or less pop than their previous albums. The switch from Universal Motown to Fearless Records actually gave them more control and freedom on the record since Universal is a major label and Fearless is an indie label. They really beefed up the guitar for this album. There's a lot of really cool riffs and solo-ish stuff that I'm not sure I could even play. The fast singing reminds me a bit of Michael Jackson and I love it. My favorite song is probably Ritalin (Born in America). The lyrics seem to have a bit more substance on this one as well. Overall, a great pop record just in time for Summer.