Wonderland review by Forgive Durden

• Released: May 9, 2006
Forgive Durden: Wonderland

With their debut CD, I think Forgive Durden made a great album. There guitar and bass are great, they all go together and everything is right. You're probably wondering why the album is called "Wonderland"? There is a great story in all the songs. It starts out with saying how he has seen all life created. And how his destiny wasn't written in the stars. Then the next song goes on to say how he is having a dream, and this isn't an ordinary dream. He says how he has woken again in an ocean of salt, and how this fantasy of events could never occur, and how the women are paper thin, they're necks barely hold up there head, and they boys have been trained since they're birth to fight 'til there death. Near the end they say how Wonderland is now our home. That has to be one of the most meaningful songs on the album. The last song, "Cue The Sun", is telling the listeners to look at the world he has created. If you're into very meaningful music, I would definently go to the mall and get a copy of Wonderland by: Forgive Durden.

The lyrics in Wonderland, all go together from one song to another, they flow. Like how in the first song, "Ants", they say how he has seen all life created, then the last song, "Cue The Sun", how he is telling them to look at the world he has created. The music is great with the lyrics, I don't think they could have done any better with the lyrics or the music. Thomas Dutton (the lead siger) has one of the best voices I have heard in a long time. It is very distinct and just blows you away.

Forgive Durden is a lot like Panic! At The Disco, and Say Anything. Music wise they're very similar to both bands. Lyrics I would say more like Say Anything. They both have very good lyrics going with there songs, and they're guitar parts are a lot a like. "Alive With The Glory Of Love" by: Say Anything is very similar in guitar to "For A Dreamer, Night's The Only Time Of Day", by: Forgive Durden. Lyrics and vocals are still a lot like Panic! At The Disco. I love this album to death this is really one of the best I've heard in a while. I especially love how each song flows into another. And how they say "Forget your compass and scars, this world will tear you apart" and they're very emotional,"If morning never brings salvation for either one of us, leave me and save yourself. I'll only slow you down." If I lost this CD I would definently go out and by another copy of it. And I really wouldn't be surprised if it did got stolen because it's an awesome album.

LOVECANTSAVEYOU
    Hey, if you really like what you hear from Forgive Durden, you will like Panic! At The Disco and Say Anything. So pick a copy of there cd's also. Hope you guys like my review! AWESOME ALBUM!!!
    acdclunatic
    Say Anything is one of the most original sounding bands out there right now. shame there arent more tabs for their songs. if you get ther "...is a boy" album, get the "...was a boy" double disc. you wont be dissapointed. good review btw. i think imma get myself a copy
    Ferrison
    When I listen to Forgive Durden, I actually think they sound alot like Gatsby's American Dream. Say Anything is an amazing band that I've been listening to for years, but PATD is a little too Fall Out Boy/Academy Is... cookie cutter-ish sounding for me.
    LOVECANTSAVEYOU
    yeahh lol i want the say anything double disc so badd andd since it is on sale at target i wanted to get it but at my target they didnt have it so today i went andd i was like forget it andd got A New Found Glory so ill get it soon enough though.
    GoodCharlotte92
    It's not their first album, it is their debut on fueled by ramen. Say Anything are amazing. Don't compare this album to the genius work of Max. It is a great album but not comparable to ...Is A Real Boy or ...Was A Real Boy. An album that tells a story is called a concept album- you should know since you did a review on the black parade. What's up with all the colons? They do sound like Gatsby's American Dream souds just like them.
    LOVECANTSAVEYOU
    i know its not their first album, they released When You're Alone, You're Not Alone on a different label but it wasn't a full length album. It was more of an EP. But it is brilliant. I downloaded it, I can't find it in stores. ...Is A Real Boy by Say Anything is also amazing.
    salmarnirecho
    Sorry dude, but I thought that review was atrocius. Forgive Durden doesn't sound remotely like either Panic! or Say Anything. I can definitely see the GAD comparison, but even then, Forgive Durden is extremely unique. The album is phenomenal, the concept is brilliant, and the guitar parts are both intricate and catchy. And I think you may have missed the boat with the assessment of the story. Or maybe not misunderstood, but more that your wording of it was vague in the review. The story in the album is genius, and I wish this band was bigger. They deserve it. I apologize for bashing the article, it's not meant to be personal, I'm just not sure the review did the record justice. Thanks for the time.
    LOVECANTSAVEYOU
    its cool, idk i guess i wasnt thinking,when i wrote this i liked p!atd but now im like getting them away from me, they get boring, and at that time all i heard by say anything was alive with the glory of love and i thought there guitar was a little alikein ways. but then when i got the album a long while ago i was wrong. i need to look up GAD bc i love forgive durden and i do wish they were bigger too they do deserve it. theyre my 2nd favorite band.
    salmarnirecho
    Ha, sorry man. My comment was a little harsh. The review wasn't atrocious. I'm just a huge fan of these guys, and want them to get all they credit they can. I see now that you do too. I can see what you're saying with "Alive With The Glory of Love" though, actually haha. thanks!