Wonderland Review

Forgive Durden: Wonderland
Release Date: May 9, 2006
Label: Fueled By Ramen
Genres: Punk-Pop, Emo
This is their debut full-length, a shocking mix of countless styles, full of jaw-dropping hooks, outstanding musicianship, and distinct imagery.
 9.4
 9.8
review (1) 13 comments vote for this album:
Wonderland Reviewed by: LOVECANTSAVEYOU, on september 29, 2006

Sound: With their debut CD, I think Forgive Durden made a great album. There guitar and bass are great, they all go together and everything is right. You're probably wondering why the album is called "Wonderland"? There is a great story in all the songs. It starts out with saying how he has seen all life created. And how his destiny wasn't written in the stars. Then the next song goes on to say how he is having a dream, and this isn't an ordinary dream. He says how he has woken again in an ocean of salt, and how this fantasy of events could never occur, and how the women are paper thin, they're necks barely hold up there head, and they boys have been trained since they're birth to fight 'til there death. Near the end they say how Wonderland is now our home. That has to be one of the most meaningful songs on the album. The last song, "Cue The Sun", is telling the listeners to look at the world he has created. If you're into very meaningful music, I would definently go to the mall and get a copy of Wonderland by: Forgive Durden. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in Wonderland, all go together from one song to another, they flow. Like how in the first song, "Ants", they say how he has seen all life created, then the last song, "Cue The Sun", how he is telling them to look at the world he has created. The music is great with the lyrics, I don't think they could have done any better with the lyrics or the music. Thomas Dutton (the lead siger) has one of the best voices I have heard in a long time. It is very distinct and just blows you away. // 8

Overall Impression: Forgive Durden is a lot like Panic! At The Disco, and Say Anything. Music wise they're very similar to both bands. Lyrics I would say more like Say Anything. They both have very good lyrics going with there songs, and they're guitar parts are a lot a like. "Alive With The Glory Of Love" by: Say Anything is very similar in guitar to "For A Dreamer, Night's The Only Time Of Day", by: Forgive Durden. Lyrics and vocals are still a lot like Panic! At The Disco. I love this album to death this is really one of the best I've heard in a while. I especially love how each song flows into another. And how they say "Forget your compass and scars, this world will tear you apart" and they're very emotional,"If morning never brings salvation for either one of us, leave me and save yourself. I'll only slow you down." If I lost this CD I would definently go out and by another copy of it. And I really wouldn't be surprised if it did got stolen because it's an awesome album. // 9

Comments