Dog Problems review by Format

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
Format: Dog Problems

The first song I heard from this album was 'She Doesn't Get It' and when I first heard it, I was like wow, this was an awesome band. So I decided to get the album. When I listened to it I was like wow! This is one of the best albums I've heard in ages. There's something about this bands charisma that I just love and each song is so different to each other it, in style, and sound that I can't really give it a specific genre as they change so much. This album was realeased on there own record label, 'Vanity Label', because they were dropped by their last label. I advise everyone to listen to this album as I foresee they will be big. It has a very happy summery sound to it so it's a good cheering up song. I've never done this before but I'm rating this a 10.

I'm impressed by the lyrics. Very. I'm not great with lyrics but when I had a closer listen they were brilliant. It's great in some songs how they fit quite sad lyrics into such an upbeat and happy song and vice versa. Nate Ruess is a brilliant singer and has an amazing vocal range, not to mention the tone of his voice. It's brilliant.

I can't really compare this album to anything else, cause it is pretty unique. I reccommend 'She Doesn't Get It' or 'Oceans' if you're listening for the first time, but they all are good and you might get into others more than, others, people have different tastes. This being their second full released album, they really have pretty much perfected it, and I haven't spotted anything that I don't really like so that's brilliant. If this was stolen or lost, I would definitely buy it again and again and again. Great band.