Dog Problems review by Format

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
Format: Dog Problems

The Format originating out of Peoria Arizona have now released there second full length album "Dog Problems" on there own independant label, which proves to be another fantastic album from the band regardless of label support. There sound on this album may be seen as a more 'poppy' attempt but it still stays true to the roots of the band. The album manages to bring new elements to the band aswell as keeping the original sound consistant throughout the album.

All of the tracks on "Dog Problems" are lyrically and musically fantastic, bringing a wider range of instrumentation than previous albums has helped to bring songs to life and give them greater depth in harmony and structure. The albums flow is near to perfect and well thought out, starting on a slow with "Matches" and "I'm Actual" and then leading into the keyboard driven hook of "Time bomb". The album then ending on the climax of "If work Permits" which will leave it's lyrical genious ringing in your ears. One track which may be familiar to Format fans is "Snails" taken from the snails ep, but don't be too quick to judge on the formats economy of material the song has been reinvented and aranged in a different and interesting way so the song will seem as fresh and spanking new as all the other tracks.

Overall "Dog Problems" manages to deliver everything and more you would expect from a Format album it has all the genious from Sam Means and Nate Reuss that have been consistant throughout other albums and ep's. It also manages to reinvent the sound of The Format by bringing new elements to the table but at the same time keeping things consistant from other albums and ep's that made The Format who they are. It is definately a must listen for anyone interested in the rock/pop genre and a fine peice of music on the whole.

PunkPenguin333
    i will listen to the format for a long time. i absolutely love them. its such a shame that they broke up
    Big3rnhrdtf8n
    My sister turned me on to this band over the summer, and I haven't looked back. Dog Problems has since become one of my favorite albums. I'm the pickiest bastard when it comes to music, but the cheery sound that these guys bring to all of their songs is amazing; these guys make the saddest themes sound beautiful and even fun. My favorite is the closer, "If Work Permits".