The Rising Tied review by Fort Minor

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
Fort Minor: The Rising Tied

This record came out towards the end of 2005 and it's still one of my favorites in Jan. 2006. It's a hip hop affair really, with Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park) leading the vocal onslaught as well as producing and mixing the tracks. Brad and Joe from Linkin Park also do their bit on the album, but don't be fooled, Fort Minor is an independant project that Mike's been working on since '04. As far as I can tell, the tracks are all synthesised, but that doesnt matter to me cos its all great music, the lyrics blending in with the diverse beats perfectly and each song having its own personal identity. Generaly speaking I'm not a fan of rap, but this album is different from any hip-hop I've ever heard. In fact, it's different from any music I've ever heard.

This album contains some of the best lines I've ever heard. Weve all heard mike rapping for Linkin Park, and that rocked, but whatever he did for Linkin Park he does 10 times better for Fort Minor. The best lyrical songs in my opinion are 'Right Now', 'Slip Out The Back' and 'Cigarettes', which contain some amazing rhymes and really work with the beats. "Right now, someone wishes they were you and I, Instead of second guessing fatal thoughts of quiet suicide" - one of the best lines in any song I've heard.

This album was a real shock. Id heard about it coming out but wasnt going to buy it as I'm not a fan of hip hop, but after hearing 'Remeber the name' I decided to get it just to add it to the linkin park collection. I was very pleasently supprised to find nearly every track on the album as good, if not better, than 'Remeber The Name'. My favorites are 'Believe Me', which has a really cool beat which you just have to move to, 'Right now' which has the best lyrics of the album, and 'Kenji' which tells a really sad story of a japanease family in america during world war 2. I love pretty much everything about this album, the only bad track in my opinion is 'Petrified' which contains some really simple beats which dont work for me. If I lost this album id definately buy it again, in my opinion its the best album of 2005.