Welcome Interstate Managers review by Fountains of Wayne

• Released: Jun 10, 2003
Fountains of Wayne: Welcome Interstate Managers

Very catchy pop-punk music. Fountains of Wayne don't try to be the good old "PURE PUNK" that Good Charlotte knows it's not. These songs are very, very poppy, and very, very catchy. "Hey Julie" will dig itself into your head for about a week, at least. Nothing innovative, in fact, nothing even new. I'm pretty sure these riffs are recycled, but it's still catchy.

This is where Fountains of Wayne shine. They take sentences that we use commonly as phrases or such, and the paste them together in this collage/medley type thing that you've heard before but haven't. The lyrics are usually amazing, not philosophical, but can be just as depressing or emphatic.

This was a decent album, although I feel that some of their songs on this album don't live up to their previous two albums's songs (neither of which I own, so I may be wrong). They shine on the horrible rhymes, yet still somehow great song "Mexican Wine", they dig into their inner rock star in "Bright Future in Sales", and, whether you admit it or not, "Hey Julie" is great to sing along to. Overall, this album is too long, and has excessive fat that could use trimming. If you're a big FoW fan, then buy one of their other two, and if you have them, then by all means get this. P.S. I can't stand "Stacy's Mom".