Welcome Interstate Managers review by Fountains of Wayne

• Released: Jun 10, 2003
Fountains of Wayne: Welcome Interstate Managers

Rock pop. Unashamedly pop with "Stacy's Mom" but still rock with "Bright Future in Sales". Mellow with Valley Winter Song and unbelieveably catchy "Hey Julie". Theres even a country song at the end called "Hung up on you" which is the best country song I've ever heard in my life (not difficult admittedly!!). FoW are well worth a listen to.

FoW can be funny and stupid but can still touch you when they feel like it. An album with the line..."I saw you talkin', to Christopher Walken" has to be good! Seriously though, excellent.

Fountains of Wayne are finally gettting recognised for the fantastic music they have been making over the last 8 years. Their first (self titled) ablum rocked, their second had at least lots of excellent tunes and now this, Welcome Interstate Managers, shows that if you are gonna make a "singles" album, then FoW can do it with the best of them. Stacys Mom is a cracking, fun tune, but "Bright Future in Sales","Hackensack" and "Valley Winter Song" display the bands talents much better. It's funny how they had to "dumb down" with Stacys Mom to get their other music noted. Fountains of Wayne are legends. Anyone who I've recommended the cd to loves it. Go - BUY IT now...GO...stop reading this and GO!!!