Welcome Interstate Managers review by Fountains of Wayne

• Released: Jun 10, 2003
Fountains of Wayne: Welcome Interstate Managers

The music is a very rockin major-chord type. Its got some very catchy rhythms and sounds that you will hear later on in the day, playing in your head after listening to a song.

The lyrics I found to be very well written and thought out. There are a few interesting drug refrences: "I used to fly for United Airlines, but then I got fired for reading High Times/Come on, get your ass out of bed, you heard what the man said, the crew has already gone, we were all kinda high but man what were you on?" The singing is great, very distinct. You'll hear it somewhere else and say: Hey! I know that!

I'm sure you are looking into this review to see if this band has any other good songs but Stacy's Mom. It does. I'll say, "have you heard of a band called Fountains Of Wayne?" and people will start to sing Stacy's Mom. Stacy's Mom is great, but after listening to this album over, I begin to skip that song in order to listen to other ones faster, like All Kinds Of Time, Valley Winter Song, or Yours and Mine. I would buy this album 10 times over again if something happened to it 10 times. I have to honestly say, Fountains Of Wayne is the most underrated band of all time. This album is the best I have ever listened to, truthfully. I don't really like Halle's Waitress or that one country type song (you'll know it when you hear it), but mediocre songs out of and entire album of what should be top chart hits, is worth it. You got a spare 15$ and enjoy alternative rock, this album will change your life!