We're Only In It For The Money/Lumpy Gravy review by Frank Zappa

• Released: Jan 1, 1985
Frank Zappa: We're Only In It For The Money/Lumpy Gravy

What can I say about the sound? Incredible, original, completely different, psychadelic. Some songs feature random clippings of speech (the opening track features a conversation in which two people contsantly say to each other "are you hung up?" The end of the track then features the drummer of the band saying "Hi, I'm Jimmy Carl Black I'm the Indian of the group"). If you're bored with the mainstream same music that a million crappy bands are making today, listening to this album with not only be a breath of fresh air, but will also blow your mind.

Again, wierd, so very wierd. Some of the lyrics target America ("American way, a scab of a nation, driven insane"), others the police force ("I will love everyone, I will love the police as they kick the s--t out of me on the streets") and a million topics in between, some ambiguous, others not so much. The lyrics are as wierd, yet entirely wonderful, as the sound.

Overall, amazing! Completely original and so different to the kind of whiny crap you hear today. Anyone who's a fan of music, from heavy metal to classical this is an album everyone will enjoy and must have!