Audio & Murder Review

Genres: Rock & Roll, Post-Punk, Hard Rock
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Audio & Murder Reviewed by: shugo449, on august 04, 2008

Sound: At the warped tour this friday, I had the pleasure of seeing and meeting the frantic for the second time. When I went to the booth, to my pleasure, they gave me a free copy of their album, "Audio & Murder". Second I got home I listened to it, and I was almost as amazed as I was when I saw them live. The sound is raw pop-punk, bridging the gaps between the rawness of Rise Against and the pop hooks of Fall Out Boy. The music is good catchy, sing along punk music (Rock & Roll Renagade), with plenty of anthemic choruses (Frantic Summer) and plenty of riffs and leads to get the circle pit going (Audio & Murder). But the frantics music ability doesnt't end there, they slow it down on some tracks, such as "Movin' Along" full of acoustic guitars, tender vocals, and demonstration of country esque slide guitar. // 10

Lyrics: "We're the Frantic! Who the f--k are you?" Kyle Dee wails as the first line on the album, "We Are The Frantic". That sets the main tone from there. Lots of songs about just having a good time and havin' fun with what you got with your boys. For the main point the lyrics are upbeat compared to the melodromatic and depressing moaning of a lot of today's bands, except for sometimes, senseless profanities, specifically on the track hefier, ranting about disliking a fat person "You are a fat f--king hefier, you are, you fat piece of shit)." Of course, the whole album doesn't just go on about good times. The slower tracks boast lyrics of yearning for a girl (yes girl, there only 18 and 19) or being alone. // 7

Overall Impression: Voted one of the 100 best bands of 2008 by Alternative Press magazine, The Frantic come up with an, overall, very well written and produced punk album. It has it's fast and intense moments but still it's more tender, softer ones, giving you a break to chill from all the rockin out your ears are doing. With this being a debut album, by 18 year-olds, this is an extremely strong effort and debut. Look out for The Frantic in the near future; they'll be stealing the airwaves! If someone stole this, I would so buy it again, it doesn't cost that much, and it's worth every cent. And hell, mine was free, I'll buy two more! // 10

Comments