Franz Ferdinand review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Feb 9, 2004
Franz Ferdinand: Franz Ferdinand

This is definitely unique and refreshing. More enjoyable with the more you listen to it. At first the album seems to be very pathetic, simply because it is so original. I found myself getting into the amazing grooves and rythyms later. Definitely some cool guitar parts. The music is like, dance rock, vintage rock, new rock, it's incredibly unique and fresh. For once the UK hype is justified. I guess you could describe Franz Ferdinand as "dork rock". It's cool though.

Lyrics seem to be sort of week, but they work. No profound messages hidden inside these songs. The lyrics do fit the music well though. The vocals are pretty cool as well. The way the signer sings the song Michael, is so cool.

I can't really think of any similar artists. My personal favourite are Take Me Out, This Fire, The Dark Of The Matinee, Michael and Take Me Home. I like that the music is so unique and catchy. I own over three hundered cd's and this is the only one like it. You will either love this album or hate it. If it was stolen, I would be terribly sad, and definetley buy it again. It is forsurely worth buying. I normally listen to bands liek Nickelback and Three Doors Down, but this Cd is just so cool. It sort of creates it's own genre! Go and buy it, or at least give it a listen.