Franz Ferdinand review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Feb 9, 2004
Franz Ferdinand: Franz Ferdinand

This CD came as more a flash back for me than anything, I usualy listen to music thats a lot more dated than this, and I was pleasently surprised. The beats and rifts through out the CD are very unique, it gives the sound a lot of personality. The sound of the band may seem to start out a bit slow (e. g. Jacqueline), but one the full soud comes out you just get hooked to it. Sometimes it does get rather repetitive, but thankfuly none of the songs exceed 4:20 (Auf Achse). The sound of the CD never realy gets old either, you can listen to it time over time and it doesn't get old.

One thing about Ferdinand is that their lyrics are indeed "unique", some lines being very addictive and fun to go along with(e. g. This Fire). However, Micheal takes "unique" beyond what's realy needed, while it has a fun beat, the lyrics are just unapealing. They're deffinatly not Zeppelin though, the lyrics prove to be a bit simplistic from time to time. Their lead singer gives the music the real touch though, blending wonderfuly with the beat and sound of the songs.

All in all, I consider this $15 bucks well spent, it's proven to be great "car" music, and never gets old. I tend to get addicted to the sound of it very easily, proveing how great the sound actualy is. If you find it, go ahead and buy it, even if you don't love it, I'm yet to find someone who frowns apon it.