Franz Ferdinand review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Feb 9, 2004
Franz Ferdinand: Franz Ferdinand

Franz Ferdinand. There's a name that sticks in your mind. This album is not my favourite of all time but has to be recognised as it is good to just listen to whether youre oin a good mood or you feel like killing everyone. The ctachy simple riffs are a refreshing taste of modern music as a strange but surprisingly entertaining fuse of rock and pop and funk. Although as I said before I wouldnt kill myself if I had to give it up I wouldnt exactly kill myself if I had to listen to it.

The lyrics are so pointless yet so powerful. It's weird how they can make a song out of nothing. The lyrics are good but ill give you 20 quid if you can find a meaning to any of them in any song. It's probably because of Alex's distinctly cool voice that he can pull them off so well.

This album is better than most attempts at trying to make a type of music that everyone knows of. If I asked anyone whos interested in music if they have heard of Franz Ferdinand theyd say yes. And after only one album I'd say that was impressive don't you think? The best song for me is Take Me Out with its simplicity of the riff but its just so catchy and it really grows on you. I don't hate or love anything about this album really but if I lost it I'd probably buy a new one.