Franz Ferdinand review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Feb 9, 2004
Franz Ferdinand: Franz Ferdinand

Franz Ferdinand is a great indie rock band but maybe a little to '80s-ish. The album's overall sound is really good. Although, like Led Zeppelin, when they're good they're great, but when they're bad they suck. There are many good songs on this album such as, "This Fire," "40 Ft," "The Dark Of The Matinee" and I challenge any man to tell me that "Take Me Out" isn't a great song. If you get the one with the bonus disk it's got some good songs on it too.

The lyrics are good but often very strange and sometimes confusing. The lead singer is very good and unlike most European bands the lead singer doesn't sound like a woman (which means it's possible to sing along with the CD if you want.

I love most the songs on this album but there are those songs that, when I hear them, make me feel like I'm listening to an '80s radio station. When I compare them to other strange Indie bands like Phantom Planet it makes me wonder why I like such weird bands but that's beside the point. The point is that this is a good album, not absolutely wonderful, but good.