Franz Ferdinand review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Feb 9, 2004
Franz Ferdinand: Franz Ferdinand

The first Franz Ferdinand song I heard was "Tell her tonight", and I thought it was good, but it was too much like The Beatles, after recommendation from my friends, I bought "Franz Ferdinand", and I wasn't disappointed, most of the songs are softer than the other stuff I listen to, but it was a refreshing alternative, and while "Tell her tonight" was like The Beatles, they wrote rock-like greats like "Take me out" and faster upbeat songs like "Cheating on you", with great guitar riffs and drum patterns, brilliant.

This album talks a hell lot about sex, but the lyrics themselves are good, they go with the song, and it's not the kind of lyrics that gets you nowhere, it's not complicated or anything like that, and for the most part, they impressed me, but if you're looking for something really really good in tems of lyrics, you can look somewhere else.

This is new creative stuff that can compare with The Beatles or Oasis, and songs like "Take me out", and "Dark of the matinee" are real show-stoppers, just to name a few, this album is definitely recommended, and though "Michael" sounds a bit perverted, it's still good stuff, and if I were to have this album stolen, I would be in a rush to buy a new copy of it.

Daniel Pearce
    Franz Ferdinand Rock! How the overall rating of this album is much lower than thier 2nd album - i think this album is much more better -my 2nd best band to the strokes... P.S: Does ani 1 no dat Franz are Scottish?