Franz Ferdinand review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Feb 9, 2004
Franz Ferdinand: Franz Ferdinand

I think Franz Ferdinand is name of one of the bands' friends, I heard that somewhere. Franz Ferdinand are a real great live band (I'd suggest seeing them)and are incredibly unique. They produce some technical chords and rythems in their debut. When you play a part in one of their songs you would probably think it doesn't sound right by itself, like it needs the rest of the band with you. When it's all put together Franz Ferdinand produce some good rock music. I saw the Scottish band in the newspapers not too long ago giving tips out to people on creating music. The only tip I can remember was the one that saide you should use anything around the house, even if it's not an instrument. This is some cool English indie rock that's from Scotland.

I wouldn't say he has the voice of Tom, lead singer of Keane but I think he does a good job with the vocals. This is rock music we're talking about here anyway so you wouldn't call this too much 'singing' because there is quite a lot of shouting. But at the begginnings of songs he does some singing like 'Jacquline' and a few others. There are some slow bits he sings with the chords of the keyboard going on. Like lead singer of the Killers: when there's a slow part he plays some chords on the keyboad. He looks confident on stage and not only is he singing he's lead guitar. The lyrics are really at you and spectacular. It's sounds as if some of the songs could have been something that could've happened to one the band. Like getting drunk etc. The singer compares to Alex who also plays lead guitar aswell as singing but that's really as closest band like them.

I think they are very professional musicians in many ways. Every song of theirs could easily be a single but overall I have to say that 'Take Me Out' and Jacquline are the best songs on there (but not by too far). They have good song names and a reasonable amount of tracks. I love the fact that it's very rocky and got some oustanding rythems, shame they couldn't of done as good in their second album though (I suppose it's harder in a way.) I hate the fact that you don't want to listen to it all the time. You'd rather listen to something way more peaceful, but that's rock for you. If it were stolen I'd definetely buy it again. If it were lost again I'd probably just burn the music off someone else's copy on to a blank CD.

Daniel Pearce
    Awesome British Indie Rock at it's best! - by the way it's not as though grades 3/4 are easy to the posts above.
    flashfunk
    franz ferdinand are legends! i know alot of people dont like them but when my friends went to see them live they were converted! and yes, i knew they were scottish! this album is better than there 2nd one, this album was a breakthrough in modern music! franz rock!
    oblongcockette
    I realize this is old, and I'm sure everyone knows this by now, but 'Michael' is about a friend of the band, Michael Kasparis, who was in a few Glasgow bands (V-Twin, Foreign Late Night Radio) and is now in Please. He was dancing around, being a drunken fool, so they wrote a song about him. And only one of them is actually Scottish, lol.