Live [DVD] review by Franz Ferdinand

• Content: 4
  • Production Quality: 6
  • Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Franz Ferdinand: Live [DVD]

The greatest band to come out of Scotland should have had a DVD that reflects this. Sadly, it doesn't. Don't get me wrong, the Franz Ferdinand sound is, yet again, flawless. All of the live concerts played are to full appeal and skill, however, it just seems like there is something missing. I have not yet put my finger on what exactly is missing, but it's there, and it makes this DVD feel hollow and empty.

Content — 4
This DVD includes 2 live concerts, and a montage of thier greatest live performances from around the world. It also has a tour documentary, music videos and several ameteur video footage of the band on tour. You think, that with two discs to play with, they could have put in a couple of other things. Their top performance at Glastonbury and the V Festival, perhaps. Or a photo gallery. Aha! I just figured out what's empty. The DVD. It's empty of content.

Production Quality — 6
Pictures of the band and the solos of the songs plague through the menu screens, which are eaisly navigated. However, the fact that you can only choose five songs form each live act means that you will have to press forward and backward just to get to the song you want. Apart from this, there is nothing more to say. It's mediocre, in a word.

Kaiser Chiefs is the way to go here. Their DVD offers much more. This DVD is, quite frankly, not worth fifteen pounds. Low content and bad amateur video, coupled with the awkward menu screens make this a hazard for the die-hard Franz fan. You will be very disappionted. Very. Trust me.