Live [DVD] review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
  • Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 7
Franz Ferdinand: Live [DVD]

The Franz Ferdinand DVD shows a majority of their greates performances on the first disc, and as usual, they manage to perform brilliantly live on disc 2. Franz, as we know, are brilliant live and this DVD shows it. Awesome stuff! The style of music played, is, well, typical Franz '60s style rock, as you would expect to find on a Franz DVD. Overall the sound of it is really good.

Content — 7
The DVD features a mixture of best of and live performances. The first disc is, a best of live performance disc with a added documentary, which is really good the second disc however is 2 live concerts, which are both pretty damned good. so overall I am satisfied with this DVD. The track listing on it is as I predicted, featuring the entire first album, I'm your villain, Van Tango plus many more. The DVD has a couple of Kareoke tracks, The Dark Of The Matinee and Take Me Out. The videos are crappy home made groupie videos, not the actual franz videos, which kind of ruins the karaoke feature.

Production Quality — 7
Well, it's typical DVD material I guess. There are some of the tracks playing in the back ground, which is a cool feature. And really, if you are a franz fan the one thing about oly being able to select the first 5 songs doesn't matter, because you will watch every track. So it's not that big a deal.

I won't compare it to anything like it because I dont like any of the other music like the Kaiser Chiefs, and I don't think Arctic Monkeys have a DVD out yet. The most impressive thing on the DVD is disc 2 I think, the live performances are simply amazing! I love most of it and just hate the "groupie" karaoke videos. If I lost it I would look for it very hard. And if it was stolen I'd hunt the thief and steal it back. Or if I couldn't do that then I would for sure buy it again!