Live [DVD] review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Dec 6, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Franz Ferdinand: Live [DVD]

Franz ferdinand sounds great in this live DVD. From the intimate club shows to T in the Park they sound amazing. You get to see Franz Ferdinand do what they do best here. You can see the energy in the crowd as Franz rips through the hits and plays some new songs you may have never heard.

Content — 10
Absolutely ridiculous amount of content on this sucker. I have seen another review that claims something is 'missing'. I have never seen a music dvd packed with so much stuff! It has 2 live concerts, a compilation of the best franz performances, some extra features, and a (great) documentary about them on tour. This is a lot of content for a music DVD I was really excited and impressed!

Production Quality — 8
The production quality isn't anything amazing. The quality varys from each performance. Some of the smaller shows had a little worse resolution and worse sound quality but for the most part the quality is ace. The DVD menu is easy to navigate and looks very 'Franz', there is even a couple songs you can kareoke to right off the disc. Very cool.

This is, by far, the best music DVD I have stumbled across so far. I couldn't wait to pick up this one when I first heard about it and I was very surprised to see that my expectations were exceeded. This sparked a whole new love for this band in me. If it were stolen again I wouldn't even think about buying it again. A lot of great content for a great value. If you like or even have interest in this band, do yourself a favor and pick this one up. It doesn't disappoint.