Live [DVD] Review

artist: Franz Ferdinand date: 01/16/2006 category: compact discs
Franz Ferdinand: Live [DVD]
Release Date: December 6, 2005
This DVD captures the excitement of a live performance of Franz Ferdinand. First disc has live performances from around the globe, a documentary, and some interesting and fun "easter eggs." Second one has two full live concerts.
 Content: 7
 Production Quality: 7
 7.4
 7.4
 7.3
reviews (3) user comments vote for this album:
Live [DVD] Reviewed by: Opal Decept, on january 13, 2006

Sound: The greatest band to come out of Scotland should have had a DVD that reflects this. Sadly, it doesn't. Don't get me wrong, the Franz Ferdinand sound is, yet again, flawless. All of the live concerts played are to full appeal and skill, however, it just seems like there is something missing. I have not yet put my finger on what exactly is missing, but it's there, and it makes this DVD feel hollow and empty. // 7

Overall Impression: Kaiser Chiefs is the way to go here. Their DVD offers much more. This DVD is, quite frankly, not worth fifteen pounds. Low content and bad amateur video, coupled with the awkward menu screens make this a hazard for the die-hard Franz fan. You will be very disappionted. Very. Trust me. // 6

Live [DVD] Reviewed by: eggy1991, on january 16, 2006

Sound: The Franz Ferdinand DVD shows a majority of their greates performances on the first disc, and as usual, they manage to perform brilliantly live on disc 2. Franz, as we know, are brilliant live and this DVD shows it. Awesome stuff! The style of music played, is, well, typical Franz '60s style rock, as you would expect to find on a Franz DVD. Overall the sound of it is really good. // 8

Overall Impression: I won't compare it to anything like it because I dont like any of the other music like the Kaiser Chiefs, and I don't think Arctic Monkeys have a DVD out yet. The most impressive thing on the DVD is disc 2 I think, the live performances are simply amazing! I love most of it and just hate the "groupie" karaoke videos. If I lost it I would look for it very hard. And if it was stolen I'd hunt the thief and steal it back. Or if I couldn't do that then I would for sure buy it again! // 8

Live [DVD] Reviewed by: Trip272, on january 16, 2006

Sound: Franz ferdinand sounds great in this live DVD. From the intimate club shows to T in the Park they sound amazing. You get to see Franz Ferdinand do what they do best here. You can see the energy in the crowd as Franz rips through the hits and plays some new songs you may have never heard. // 9

Overall Impression: This is, by far, the best music DVD I have stumbled across so far. I couldn't wait to pick up this one when I first heard about it and I was very surprised to see that my expectations were exceeded. This sparked a whole new love for this band in me. If it were stolen again I wouldn't even think about buying it again. A lot of great content for a great value. If you like or even have interest in this band, do yourself a favor and pick this one up. It doesn't disappoint. // 9

Comments