You Could Have It So Much Better review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Franz Ferdinand: You Could Have It So Much Better

The new Franz Ferdinand album has their groundbreaking, european sound. However this time around they stuck to their "Take Me Out" typer guitar. You can hear the similar style in songs like; The Fallen, Do You Want To, and even, You Could Have It So Much Better. This seems to be their motif. You can also hear some of the 40' guitar in songs like; Outsiders, Walk Away, and in the slowness of Fade Together.

The best part about Franz Ferdinand, is that they record live as much as possible. you can hear this in any of thier live shows. These lyrics must have been really close to the band's heart, because most of them don't have a definate rhyme scheme, meaning that their true goal was to express experiences they've had.

I find this album to be much better that their self titled debut. I'd have to say that it is almost as enjoyable as Weezer's Blue album. I absolutely love the lead guitar and percussion. the best songs on this CD have to be (in order): The Fallen, You Could Have It So Much Better, Elanor Put Your Boots On, Fade Together, Walk Away, Do You Want To, and Outisders. This is the best album I've bought or heard this entire year, if some how it left my possesion sadness would follow me, at least until I bought antother.